I look at my little JRT, Mouse and I reckon she’d make much better New Year resolutions than me. There is a lot dogs can teach us on a daily basis.
Dogs are just so full of life aren’t they? They either approach every situation that appears to them as either a huge exciting party or with much caution as to take everything on board without missing a thing.
And while I know Mouse can’t tell me what her 2014 resolutions may be, I thought I could at least make a list of all the things she (and all dogs) are great at, which I could certainly take on board in my own life going forward in 2014.
- Run faster, and faster and faster
- Wake up every day just as excited as I was before I went to sleep
- To love without conditions
- To protect without fear
- Play with my toys every day
- Go to work (practicing tricks, learning new skills)
- Welcome each day like it’s there to be totally enjoyed
- Help a human where I can (looking cute, being petted, being part of the gang)
- Loving my pack
- Be as determined to achieve something every day without fail
- Be prepared for an adventure every single day
- Bounce, jump, bound and leap at every opportunity
- Listen carefully to everything and communicate in voice only when absolutely necessary
- Get plenty of rest, tomorrow is another exciting day
Happy New Year!